Wednesday, March 5, 2014

literary style

‘The day my laundry came back, I took out all my clothes and spread them around the room for Judy and me to look at. I was determined that for once, just once in my life, when I went to those readings, I would be wearing the ‘right’ thing. The right thing in this case had to be something general: something that wouldn’t type me. To my chagrin all my clothes stubbornly refused this neutrality, splitting themselves up resolutely into three categories: Tyrolean Peasant, Bar Girl and Dreaded Librarian. It looked hopeless.’ 

Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado


My next Literary Style has gone live on Undone Journal. It's about Sally Jay Gorce, a Jennifer Lawrence screwball heroine with tomboyish grace and all the wrong clothes. Read all about it here.

X

2 comments:

petal and plume said...

your piece for undone is pure perfection. your eloquence is unparalleled!
xx

faridah said...

I remember my first time stumbling across your blog while living in one of my first places in Brisbane and, come to think of it, that was almost around 6 years ago! It's amazing that I feel like I've grown up over the six years with you from you writing your thoughts in this blog and I reading them. Thank you for the reader-writer friendship :)

faridahmccaul@gmail.com

xx